Here we go again....
The usual applies: I have not seen all the movies that came out this year, these are my opinions, not anyone else, etc. So keep that in mind if you post any comments or death threats.
So without further ado, here they are:
1. The Ides of March - An excellent representation of the cynical nature of politics and how it destroy people's souls, if they had any to begin with...
2. The Adjustment Bureau - A creative journey that brings into questions the wisdom of humanity and the merits of emotion verses rationality.
3. Super 8 - Director J.J. Abrams pays homage to Steven Spielberg (who helped produce) and his classics in this exciting mystery-adventure movie.
4. Captain America: The First Avenger - A patriotic look at the Marvel superhero who fights the good fight in this solid summer blockbuster.
5. Midnight in Paris - Woody Allen is at the top of his game in this enjoyable comedy with a great set-up, dialogue, and cast of characters.
6. The Tree of Life - A visually and emotionally striking movie featuring...something about Brad Pitt and dinosaurs...well, whatever it is supposed to be about, it is worth seeing.
7. The Debt - Secrets are unveiled in this great thriller about the presence of evil and guilt.
8. The Lincoln Lawyer - Matthew McConaughey plays a defense attorney must battle on his own client in this intriguing courtroom drama about manipulation and payback.
9. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - Yeah, I am a little surprised this is on my list as well. But, hey, it is one last ride to Hogwarts, and the filmmakers make the most of it.
10. The Help - A look at life in Jim Crow Mississippi as "the help" seek to be heard in this dramady that provides both laughs and powerful insight into the minds of a mistreated but persistent people.
Again, other opinions are welcome. Happy New Year!
The above images and links do not belong to me and are being used for entertainment purposes only. Please do not sue me.